EcoConcepts offers several alternative treatments for the control of termites. One of those is the very effective, nonchemical technique known as heat treatment. In a heat treatment, the structure is heated to a temperature proven to kill all stages of termites and held at that temperature for a period of time. The heat is provided by special, clean-burning propane heaters that produce a large volume of hot air to raise the temperature to between 140 and 160 degrees for 4-6 hours.
Not only do our heat treatments kill termites, but they also eradicate additional hazards such as bacteria, viruses, toxic molds, odors, dust mites, bed bugs, fleas and other wood destroying insects.
Our customers prefer heat treatments because there is:
- No chemical use
- No overnight move out
- No odor
- No roof damage
- No bagging of food & medicine
- 100% effective
- Takes less time than traditional fumigation
Preparing for Heat Treatments
Large, heat sensitive objects like stereos, computers and TVs are protected by special thermal blankets. Certain items must be removed before heat treatments. These items include:
- Pets (including fish and birds)
- Certain foods and medicines
- Plastic/vinyl mini-blinds
- Meltables (crayons, candles, paraffin, anything assembled with hot melt glue, meltable cosmetics such as lipsticks)
- Flammables such as gasoline, propane, butane and cleaners containing distillers, aerosol s and compressed gases.
We provide a complete list of items that need to be removed from the home before heat treatments are performed.
Structural temperatures are monitored by state-of-the-art digital thermometers which insure that wood core temperatures are maintained at levels lethal to wood destroying insects.
Call for more information about our heat treatments today!