Eco Concepts offers several alternative treatments for the control of termites. One of those is the traditional tenting or fumigation method. Fumigation (“tenting”) has been the only method used for over forty years which insures complete eradication of all drywood termites from a structure. Fumigation is a highly technical procedure which involves surrounding the structure with a gas-tight tarpaulin, releasing the gas inside the seal, and aerating the fumigant after a set exposure time.
Some customers prefer fumigation because:
- Fumigants are toxic to all forms of life. Therefore, it is possible to control all life stages of the pest.
- Fumigation is often the quickest way of controlling an infestation, saving time and money.
- Fumigants can reach where sprays, dusts, aerosols etc cannot reach.
- Reduced residue problems in treated areas.
- Fumigants are used where standards call for “zero insect tolerance” in products or living environments.
Preparing for Fumigation
Before fumigation, the homeowner must remove all plants and animals from the house, remove or place food items inside special protective bags, and insure that there is sufficient tarp clearance between sensitive landscaping and exterior walls.
We provide a complete list of items that need to be removed from the home before fumigation is performed.
We will monitor gas concentration during the fumigation to insure that a sufficient dose is maintained. Only after the house has been aerated and tested for absence of fumigant can it be reoccupied. Because the fumigant is a true gas and works as a component of air, no cleanup of clothing, dishes, floors or other surfaces is needed.
Call today to inquire about fumigation!